1-Hour Winter Dog Mushing and Sledding in Fairbanks
Enjoy the power of a team of happy hounds pulling you through a magical winter landscape. Pose for pictures in the beautiful snowy scenery. Learn about the ever popular sport and what it takes to lead a team of dogs. Then warm up in a cozy cabin at the end of your 1-hour dog mush.
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
- Duration: 90 to 180 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Arctic Winter Adventures
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 9 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking. There is a maximum weight of 250 pounds per person.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 10 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we'll always be happy to assist you with any of your future travel plans. Thanks a lot for booking your tour on Cool Destinations.
This was our favorite tour out of the 5 tours we booked! The staff are so friendly and hospitable. The dogs were great to interact with too. The 1-hour sled ride was scenic and beautiful!
Fabulous tour! The dogs were so friendly and lively - they love what they do and can hardly wait to get you out on the sled!
Dylan was awesome and split the driving with my daughter and I - highlight!!
Awesome Winter Fun!! We had a great time with the dogs and the mushers! Definitely recommended!
A fantastic tiur. We weren’t expecting such a personal experience. The staff was warm, informative and helpful with our disabled guest. We loved the ride and our guide, Joseph.. loved meeting the dogs, beautiful surroundings. Wouldn’t change a thing. Special.
Dogs are just too cute
I've never enjoyed anything more in my whole life! My traveling companion woke up sick and could not accompany me, but the vendor let me do this anyway. I did pay for both people, because the cancellation was through no fault of the company. The musher / dog handler was delightful, and whizzing down the paths from my seat in the sled basket, all wrapped up, while he did all the work, was near paradise. This experience involves learning about the dogs, the process, and getting to do some 'hands-on' stuff. If I had wanted more 'hands-on,' I could've had more hands-on. For a first experience, I did all I wanted. Hearing those dogs all howl because they want to go and watching the team run ahead of you from the sled were just primo. If I have a chance, I'll do this again, learn to stand and mush myself, and go for much longer than an hour. The time went too quickly - as I said, this was a lifetime peak experience, and I highly recommend it. The hem of my coat has a tiny tear from a Husky puppy's exuberant hopping and nipping - I'll patch it with duct tape and wear it proudly.
My group of 4 did this dog mushing/sledding tour and had a blast. We were staying in North Pole and had to meet the driver at the Visitor Center in Fairbanks because they didn't come out as far as North Pole. No big deal. It gave us a chance to check out the Visitor Center.
Everyone from the driver, Kyle, to the sled drivers, Sven and Riley, were great. Really friendly and knowledgeable. It was great getting to play with the dogs while they got the sleds all set up. The ride itself was so much fun. We especially liked that they lasted a good while and weren't short in time like some of the other tours we looked into.
Hot chocolate, coffee, water and cookies were also provided. There was a warm place to hang out before and after the ride.
This was a highlight of our trip and I would definitely recommend this tour.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-10606P10
Similar Tours & Activities