1 Hour Scenic Horseback Ride
Enjoy a leisurely ride through one of Oahu’s hidden treasures, the Hawaiian countryside. On this one hour tour, you and your horse will wind through shady trails and open grazing pastures. The highlight of this ride is the pastural views and our hidden cave that was used in the filming of Hawaii 5-0. There is multiple sneak peeks of the ocean which makes great picture taking spots, so don’t forget your camera!
We work hard to keep our rides small because we want you to feel like you have experienced a true Paniolo (Hawaiian Cowboy) horseback ride. On this ride, you are likely to see wild pigs, cattle, and other horses roaming the valleys, hills, and gulches.
The 1 Hour Scenic Ride is a walking- only ride, no trotting or cantering will be allowed. A great ride for the whole family, suitable for all skill levels ages 7 and up. No pregnant riders will be allowed. Our weight limit for any rider is 240lbs.
Please check in 30-minute before your ride time. There will be a 15-minute safety briefing prior to the ride. Our goal is to leave on time so we provide you the full experience. Please plan ahead so you are not late.
Gunstock Ranch is located 2 miles North of the Polynesian Cultural Center, between the towns of Laie and Kahuku, Oahu. We are a 10-minute drive from Turtle Bay Resort.
We recommend that you wear long pants and covered shoes for this ride. Cowboy boots are not required. Wear sunscreen and bring a bottle of water. Small cameras are welcome. For chilly days it is a good idea to bring a light sweater or jacket. Backpacks, bags, and bulky camera equipment will not be allowed on the horse for the ride. We do have a small pack on the saddle that can fit a water bottle or small camera.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Gunstock Ranch, 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731, USA
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Use of helmets
- Tour wrangler/ guide
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Bottled Water (available to purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 7 years
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking. 240lb/109kg weight limit.
- Long pants and covered shoes are recommended; bring a light jacket if the weather is cold
- We ride rain or shine. If canceled due to unsafe weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Phones or small cameras are allowed.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- No pregnant or intoxicated riders are allowed to ride.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-37421P2