1-Hour Monterey and Cannery Row Sea Car Tour
Explore Monterey Bay and the Central Coast in a GPS-guided Sea Car, cruising through town or along the Pacific on a 1-hour tour. Hop into your own 2-seater convertible that navigates itself and provides narration about landmarks along the way, including Monterey’s historical buildings and beautiful ocean vistas.
Pick up your 2-seater Sea Car at the Portola Hotel & Spa, just a 5-minute walk from Fisherman’s Wharf in Monterey. Simple to drive and park, this zany scooter car allows you to zip around downtown streets and out to the coast to cruise along one of the most scenic drives in the United States. You can follow a designated itinerary or make up your own adventure.
The 1-hour narrated tour directs you on a route past Monterey’s historical buildings, Fisherman’s Wharf, Cannery Row, and Lovers Point park and beach. Enjoy sweeping ocean vistas through the convertible’s open top, and soak up views of the harbor. You'll see sand dunes, cypress trees and marine life like seals and otters among many stops along the route.
Note: Price is based on per car.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 230 Alvarado St, Monterey, CA 93940, USA
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Rental of GPS-guided touring car
- Tank of gas
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Collision Damage Waiver for $12.00 (covers up to $500 in damages)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Drivers must be 21 years of age or older and must present a valid driver's license
- Minimum age is 4 years; children must be accompanied by an adult
- All renters must be able to read, understand and sign a liability release and waiver form
- Maximum weight is 400 lbs (180 kg) per car; each rider must be under 200 lbs (90 kg) or drive their own car
- Maximum passenger height is 6 feet 3 inches (190 cm)
- One member of each group must present a credit card and government-issued ID; this information will only be used in the case of damage or loss of property
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Average 4.30 out of 5 stars based on 10 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
A great way to drive the coast road - so easy to do and so much fun for the children - with awesome views thrown in ! Thanks to Andrew at Sea Cars who was super helpful.
It was the best way to spend the only couple hours we had available in Monterrey. We were able to take a look around and make a couple stops. It was so fun!
After a lunch on the wharf, we did the two hour tour of the Monterrey coast and when we got back practically needed a shoe horn to get us out of that little car L O L, an interesting and fun experience though.
So. Much. Fun! You must do this to get a perfect view of the Monterey Bay peninsula! The cars are too cute - we took 2 of them named "Fiona" and "Bill" . Easy to use, plenty of pep.
You will feel like a celebrity with all the thumbs up and photos taken by strangers, as you tour through town. A++
However as there was a water flooding issue in main town the car would not redirect us at all and meant we went off on our own with limited guidance.
Not very personal or hands on the staff/guy
The Monterery Sea Car Tour was fun, despite a few problems. First, the tour says Talking car, well it doesn't. The GPS guides you but that's not that unusual right? We expected to be told about Monterey as we drove. This was removed from the tour as people found it too confusing to listen and follow GPS. Unfortunately, the GPS itself is not good. We got off track somehow within a few turns, despite many hundreds of miles of following iPhone GPS and Toyota GPS, this was difficult to follow. Worse, once you made a mistake it tried to return you to the shop. We ignored it and followed the provided map, but it took awhile to figure out how to get the GPS to stop incessantly telling us to Make a U Turn. It is a beautiful tour, and lots of fun to ride in the little 3 wheeler. So I recommend it with amended expectations different from the advertising. Ask how to turn off the GPS if you get lost, as following the map was pretty easy for 2 people. One driving, one looking at the map. 1 hour was barely enough, I'd go for 2. By the way, it is not that popular apparently as people were staring at us like they'd never seen this sea tour car before. But whatever.
If youre more than 120 pounds and over 40 forget it! The Sea cars are too small for older people, especially if they are heavy....the Sea car is made for slender, energetic people. The training to use it was practically nil.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-14670CAR
Similar Tours & Activities