1 Day Westwater Canyon
Splash your way down the Colorado River through the rapids of Westwater Canyon, where in addition to rugged desert scenery, there’s the chance you could spot wildlife from soaring bald eagles to river otters and beavers. Over the course of a day, hold on tight as your guide helps navigate the Class III and Class IV whitewater, where rapids have names like Sock-It-To-Me, Funnel Falls and Skull. This trip provides an adrenaline rush amidst walls of red rock canyons, and is great for the traveler who loves a challenge and a bit of desert adventure.
The Colorado River is an integral part of America’s Wild West, as it’s carved a series of canyons and caverns through the heart of the red rock desert. Here in the Westwater Canyon section, outside the city of Moab, explore the river by whitewater raft along with an informative guide, who will relay the area’s history and tales as you splash for miles down the river.
On this adventurous whitewater rafting trip from Moab, there’s the chance you could see petroglyphs carved in the rocks from the area’s original inhabitants, or old mining cabins, graves and caves that date to the old Wild West. As you pass an old-growth Cottonwood tree, look up towards the sky to look for bald eagles and they soar and coast on the breeze, and keep an eye out for otters and beavers as they splash and swim in the eddies.
The tour itself begins in Moab where you’ll meet your professional guide, and receive an intro safety briefing to be fit with lifejacket and gear. From here, hop in the van to the ride to the put-in on a scenic section of river, where your guide will offer additional instruction about riding inside of the raft. Once you’re ready, push off from the sandy bank and prepare to splash through the canyon.
Full-Day Rafting Trip with Lunch:On this full-day rafting tour of Westwater Canyon, you’ll splash through 12 different Class III and IV rapids such as famous 'Sock-It-To-Me.' The rapids are often the highest in early summer with all of the added melted snow. Your guide will be rowing the raft with oars, so you can just hang on for the ride, absorbing the desert scenery as you splash your way down the canyon. In the middle of the day, your guide will paddle to a sandy riverbank in a calmer section of water, where you’ll enjoy a filling buffet lunch and can take a refreshing dip. From here, continue splashing your way downstream and listening to your echoes in the canyon,, before leaving the Colorado River behind for the comfortable drive back to Moab.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Adrift Adventures, 378 N Main St, Moab, UT 84532, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
- Duration: 10 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 6:45 am to depart at 7:00 am
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Local taxes
- Beverages (water & lemonade)
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-24134P7