1-Day San Francisco Tour with Golden Gate Bridge
• See all the major attractions in San Francisco in a single day including the Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Nob Hill, North Beach, Ghirardelli Square, and more.
• Travel with a local expert guide who will take care of all the logistics and give you the stories and history behind everything you see.
• Stop at the famous scenic viewpoints near the Golden Gate Bridge and Alamo Square for the ultimate vacation pictures.
• Explore the oldest Chinatown in the Western World and learn its improbable history.
• See a mural by Diego Rivera and visit cafes frequented by the influential Beat Generation writers.
• Organic Farm/Vineyard in Sonoma Valley
Experience: Cultural, Historical, Family
Learn about local culture with in-depth tours and activities;Enjoy activities and tours that are perfect for the whole family
Group Type: Standard group
Tour with fellow travelers from all over the world
Travel with professional guides
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Your tour starts near the Ferry Building with a view of what was once one of the busiest ports in the world. Then, you’ll catch one of the iconic San Francisco cable cars from our favorite stop which has none of the crowds you usually find at the others. As you zip up the hill, you'll learn what makes this very unique public transport so special (and get a few pics).
You'll disembark atop Nob Hill and learn about the industrial tycoons who built the city as you wander through Huntington Park and past the Pacific Union Club. You'll also step inside the beautiful gothic interior of Grace Cathedral.
Heading down the hill, enter the bustling neighborhood of Chinatown, the largest Chinese enclave outside of Asia, and the oldest Chinatown in North America. Taste fresh fortune cookies and see hidden landmarks like the Tin How Buddhist Temple as you learn how the neighborhood went from being a seedy red-light district to one of the most vibrant enclaves in the city. You'll also get advice on where to eat if you want to come back to try the world-famous dim sum.
Your next neighborhood is North Beach, where you'll see the old haunts of the Beat poets like City Lights Bookstore, get a lovely view of Coit Tower, and break for lunch. It's not included, but your guide will recommend the best restaurants in the area for any taste and budget.
After lunch, you'll climb up the hill to see Lombard Street, the "crookedest street in the world" then pop into the San Francisco Art Institute to bask in the glory of a Diego Rivera mural. You'll also step out onto the roof to take in a spectacular view of the bay before heading down to Fisherman's Wharf for a full tour. Explore the old docks, smell the sourdough at Boudin bakery, and see the sea lions at Pier 39 from a special vantage point with no crowds.
You'll pause in Ghirardelli Square for a sample of the world-famous chocolate then take a taxi to the Golden Gate Bridge. Step onto this global icon and soak in more amazing views as you learn the improbable history of its construction and some peculiar facts about San Francisco Bay.
Your last stop of the day is the jaw-dropping Alamo Square, home to some of the most beautiful Victorian architecture in the city. Learn why the city has become one of the homes of Victorian Architecture in America and see the famous "Postcard Row" of Painted Ladies as you get a couple of perfect pictures to help you remember the day
Duration: 8 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 77 Steuart St, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
- Duration: 8 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Streetcar tickets
- Chocolate tasting
- Fortune cookie tasting
- Taxi to and from the Golden Gate Bridge
- Local Expert Guide
- Entry/Admission - Golden Gate Bridge
- Hotel Pick-Up / Drop-Off
- All personal expenses
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows after tour commencement or departure.
- While we try to avoid extreme inclines and declines due to San Francisco's hills as well as crowded city streets and unpaved pathways, guests with mobility limitations, wheelchairs, or strollers cannot be accommodated.
- San Francisco is a notoriously chilly city with micro-climates. It is best to wear/bring layers for all of our tours even at the height of summer.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-151846P176
Similar Tours & Activities