1 Day Dog Sledding/Cart Tour from Fairbanks at Borealis Basecamp
Mushing is Alaska’s state sport, and guests have the opportunity to experience the thrill of dogsledding. Dogsledding was a very important part of Alaskan local life. Dog sleds were the most convenient way to travel and to deliver important supplies between local villages in the dead of winter. Even today, dogsleds continue to be used in remote portions of Alaska for daily travel needs. You will experience the power, excitement, and energy of our amazing sled dogs and also learn all about raising Alaskan Huskies, the history for dog mush and what it takes to race a team of these fine athletes and hear stories of the trail from your musher.
- Experience the famous Alaskan adventure - dog sledding
- Enjoy the ride with a professional musher guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Borealis Basecamp, 2640 Himalaya Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99712, USA
This tour is suitable for guests of all ages, specially designed for visitors who want to experience the speed and passion of dog sledding.
What's more, you will also have chances to learn knowledge about Alaska Husky, Dog Sledding and related events.
At 11:00, you will travel to the Borealis Basecamp by shuttle bus. It is estimated to arrive at 12:00 subject to road conditions.
When the dog sledding is ready, you can start your 30-min Dog Sledding Tour.
At around 16:00, you will take the shuttle bus back to Fairbanks downtown and hotels.
* The time listed in itinerary is only for reference, subject to the actual arrangement by tour guides.
If Borealis Basecamp is full or not available for any other reasons, we can arrange the dog sledding activity elsewhere.
Dog Cart/Dog Sledding (Duration: 4hr)
Dog Cart (8/21/2019-11/15/2019)
Dog Sledding (11/16/2019-4/2020)
● La Quinta/Pike's/Best Western/Sophie Station - 10:30 am
● Wesmark/Clarion Hotel & Suites - 10:45 am
● SpringHill/Bridgewater- 10:50 am
● Holiday Inn Express & Suites/Hampton Inn & Suites/Candlewood Suite - 11:00 am
Dog sledding was a very important part of Alaskan local life. Dog sleds were the most convenient way to travel and to deliver important supplies between local villages in the dead of winter. Even today, dogsleds continue to be used in remote portions of Alaska for daily travel needs. On this tour, snuggle under a warm blanket and enjoy the rush of a brisk 30-minute sled ride through the beautiful forests of Alaska. Your musher will also help take photos for you.
Tour pick-ups begin at around 11:00. Please be ready in the lobby of your hotel. You will travel to the Borealis Basecamp, it is estimated to arrive at 12:00 subject to road conditions.
After arrival, you will be able to take photos with the dogs, enjoy some hot drinks while being assigned to a sled. Your ride will last 30 minutes.
*The sleds on this tour variously accommodate 2-4 people and are assigned by weight and the musher's knowledge of the dogs. You will need to share your sled with other people.
*Due to the insufficient snowfall (on specific date: estimated 8/21-11/15), the sled will be replaced with a 4-wheel ATV (10 mins), connected to the dog's shoulder strap with a soft rope.
Exclusions: Warm clothes, meals, tips for driver and guide ($5 and above is the suggested tip per guest per activity.)
Duration: 13 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1: La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fairbanks Airport, 4920 Dale Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99709, USA
2: 1850 Hoselton Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99709, USA
3: 1717 University Ave S, Fairbanks, AK 99709, USA
4: Westmark Fairbanks Hotel & Conference Center, 813 Noble St, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
5: Clarion Hotel & Suites, 95 10th Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
6: SpringHill Suites by Marriott Fairbanks, 575 1st Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
7: Bridgewater Hotel, 723 1st Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
8: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairbanks, 400 Merhar Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
9: 433 Harold Bentley Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
10: 551 Harold Bentley Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
- Duration: 13 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 11:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Round trip transportation from selected hotels
- 30-mins professional guided Dog Sledding/Dog Cart
- English-speaking tour guide, bilingual driver
- Snacks and hot drinks are available in the yurt
- Rental fee: jackets, pants, helmet, gloves, boots etc. (Style limited, first come, fist served.)
- **NOTES: The sequence of itineraries is subject to change without prior notice.
- Meals (Vegan food options available)
- All personal expenses, such as laundry, phone, and travel insurance
- Mandatory Tips/Service Fee - Please pay in cash to the tour guide while on the bus
- Mandatory Tips/Service Fee - Any child/Infant reserving a seat will have to pay the service fees
- Mandatory T/S Fee - Tour guide & driver, Min. $5/person for single trip, $10/person for round trip
- Optional - Upgrade to 1 Hour Dog Sledding - $60/person
- Mandatory Tips/Tours, Optional tours must be paid in cash to tour guide.
- Entry/Admission - Borealis Basecamp
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-103133P80
Similar Tours & Activities