1 Day Aurora Borealis Viewing Tour from Fairbanks at Borealis Basecamp
This tour offers one of the best ways to experience the Northern Lights. Away from the lights and noise of the city, our Borealis Basecamp lodge sits on the mountain ridges surrounding Fairbanks. From the warmth of a cozy sofa, you can watch the magical Aurora while drinking a cup of cocoa, some hot tea or coffee. We have large windows, perfect for accommodating Aurora viewing. And if you wish you have a 365-degree view, you can step out and experience. It also allows you to get those magical photos you've been looking for. If you listen carefully, you might hear the Aurora singing to you.
* Important - If the Basecamp is crowded, a different location for Aurora Viewing will be arranged for better visibility and convenience.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Borealis Basecamp, 2640 Himalaya Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99712, USA
Our yurt for Aurora viewing is on the mountain in the Borealis Basecamp in Fairbanks suburbs. It is away from the light pollution and noise of the city.
In the Borealis Basecamp, not only can you enjoy the brilliant auroras, but also join the various activities. Through the video played in the Borealis Basecamp, you can learn more of the aurora borealis.
1. When the aurora is out, please do not use flash, headlights, flashlights, etc., so as not to affect other people's aurora viewing and photographing.
2. Please take measures keep yourself warm, and prevent frostbite.
3. Light is limited at night, please watch your steps.
4. Please follow the instruction of our staff and stay in the designated area, and DO NOT disturb the guests staying in the Borealis Basecamp; It is strictly forbidden to enter the accommodation area without permission.
5. Please help the driver to keep clean for our shuttle, take your personal trash after you leave.;
6. NO smoking in the shuttle;
7. The Aurora Borealis is a natural phenomenon. There is no way for us to guarantee that you will see the Aurora. We will try our best to provide premier locations for viewing where the Aurora should come out. Please check weather and Aurora reports before booking your tour. If the Aurora does not appear, your money will not be refunded.
8. Please note that pickup time is various at different hotels. Please contact the local vendor for the exact pick-up time 1-2 days before your tour.
Your return shuttle is scheduled at 02:00 AM, will be back to the town at around 3:15 AM.
Notes pt. 2: The location of Aurora Viewing is yurt in Borealis Basecamp, not in the Borealis Dome.
Exclusion: Aurora Photography fees; All personal expenses; Gratuity for guide $10/person.
* If Borealis Basecamp is full, we will arrange you an Aurora viewing at the Aurora Pointe.
Duration: 6 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairbanks, 400 Merhar Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
2: SpringHill Suites by Marriott Fairbanks, 575 1st Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
3: Westmark Fairbanks Hotel & Conference Center, 813 Noble St, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
4: Clarion Hotel & Suites, 95 10th Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
5: Bridgewater Hotel, 723 1st Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
6: La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fairbanks Airport, 4920 Dale Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99709, USA
7: 551 Harold Bentley Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
8: 433 Harold Bentley Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
9: 1850 Hoselton Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99709, USA
10: 1717 University Ave S, Fairbanks, AK 99709, USA
- Duration: 5 to 6 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:00 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Round trip transportation from selected hotels
- Hot drinks and cookies available
- English-exclusive tour guide and bilingual driver
- *Note: If the Basecamp is crowded, a different location for Aurora Viewing
- Note cont.: Will be arranged for better visibility & convenience.
- **NOTES: The sequence of itineraries is subject to change without prior notice.
- Meals (Vegan food options available)
- All personal expenses, such as laundry, phone, and travel insurance
- Mandatory Tips/Service Fee - Please pay in cash to the tour guide while on the bus
- Mandatory Tips/Service Fee - Any child/Infant reserving a seat will have to pay the service fees
- Mandatory Tips/Service Fee - Tour guide and driver, Min. $10/person
- Optional - Upgrade to Aurora Viewing in Borealis Basecamp with dinner - $66/person
- Mandatory Tips/Tours, Optional tours must be paid in cash to tour guide.
- Entry/Admission - Borealis Basecamp
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-103133P6
Similar Tours & Activities