1 Day Arctic Circle Drive & Aurora Viewing Tour from Fairbanks
This tour takes you to the Arctic Circle from Fairbanks, driving across the famous Dalton Highway. Gives you an opportunity to see the rugged arctic landscape, alaska pipeline, yukon river. After the arctic tour, you will get an opportunity to take aurora viewing tour or night dog sledding tour at the borealis basecamp.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: BLM Arctic Circle Monument Sign, MP 115.5 Elliott Highway, Fairbanks, AK
Depart from Fairbanks, drive through the famous Dolton Highway.
On the way, visit the Yukon River, the fifth largest river in North America, and go along Alyeska Pipeline from north to south, as well as the beautiful natural scenery along the way.
Then, we will arrive at the sign of Arctic Circle, get an Arctic Circle Adventure Certificate!
Let's explore the mysterious Arctic region, experience the most primitive terrain on the earth, and meet the polar animals. Here, you could stay away from the hustle and bustle of life and feel the peace on the earth.
Please contact the local vendor one day before the tour departs to confirm the pick-up time for the hotel you choose.
1. Aurora is greatly affected by meteorological conditions. It is impossible to guarantee that you will see aurora.
2. Be prepared, this tour is a total of 10-hours van expedition, feel free to bring your own snacks and beverages.
3. Restroom with flushing water available only at: Hilltop Gas Station, Yukon River Camp, Borealis Basecamp.
4. Except for the Borealis Basecamp, NO mobile signal during the tour.
5. Please follow the instruction of our staff and stay in the designated area, and DO NOT disturb the guests staying in the Borealis Basecamp;
6. It is strictly forbidden to enter the accommodation area without permission;
7. Please help the driver to keep clean for our shuttle, take your personal trash after you leave.;
8. NO smoking in the shuttle;
Duration: 13 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairbanks, 400 Merhar Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
2: SpringHill Suites by Marriott Fairbanks, 575 1st Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
3: Clarion Hotel & Suites, 95 10th Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
4: La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fairbanks Airport, 4920 Dale Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99709, USA
5: Bridgewater Hotel, 723 1st Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
6: 551 Harold Bentley Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
7: 433 Harold Bentley Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
8: 1850 Hoselton Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99709, USA
9: 1717 University Ave S, Fairbanks, AK 99709, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from specific hotels:
9:30 AM - La Quinta/Pike’s/Best Western/Sophie Station
9:45 AM - Clarion Hotel & Suites
9:50 AM - SpringHill/Bridgewater
10:00 AM - Holiday Inn Express & Suites/Hampton Inn & Suites/Candlewood Suite
- Duration: 12 to 14 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Round trip transportation from specific hotels
- Professional Bilingual tour guide/driver (mainly in Chinese)
- **NOTES: The sequence of itineraries is subject to change without prior notice.
- Meals (Vegan food options available)
- All personal expenses, such as laundry, phone, and travel insurance
- Mandatory Tips/Service Fee - Please pay in cash to the tour guide while on the bus
- Mandatory Tips/Service Fee - Any child/Infant reserving a seat will have to pay the service fees
- Mandatory Tips/Service Fee - Tour guide and driver, Min. $20/person
- Optional - Aurora viewing - $30/person
- Mandatory Tips/Tours, Optional tours must be paid in cash to tour guide.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-103133P10
Similar Tours & Activities