1.5-Hour Venice Beach Surf Lesson
Kapowui, was awarded best surf school in Venice beach for the last 5 years in a row.
Kapowui is a family run business and and an icon of southern California.
We live, eat, and dream surfing and teach surfing because we want to share our love and stoke for the sport. This is a life choice for us and what gives our lives meaning.
All of Kapowui's instructors are imbued with the Aloha spirit, live within blocks of the beach (4 of them live in surf vans), surf every day and have many years teaching experience.
When we are doing a lesson with you, we are 100% focused and in the moment with you.
At Kapowui we truly care about your experience.
Whether surfing is a one time bucket list item or a new sport you want to pick up, we will have you up riding waves, 100% guaranteed! Additionally you will be immersed in the surf culture, giving you the opportunity to feel the true surfer vibe, while learning a skill you can use forever.
Your lesson includes all the equipment - surfboard, wet suit, and instructor.
Your lesson will take place on the border of Venice and Santa Monica, where the sandy bottom is safe and perfect for beginner lessons.
We offer 1 hour, 1.5 hour and 2 hour lessons. The first 30 minutes of your lesson is done on the beach, covering board design and dynamics, wave dynamics, ocean safety, surfing safety, surf etiquette, pop-up technique and form.
The remainder of your time is spent in the water, surfing with your instructor.
Just show up wearing your swim suit, sun screen, and a smile. We'll supply the equipment and good vibes.
• Venice Beach, Los Angeles, CA 90291
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 300 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291, USA
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Sunscreen, souvenir, water
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-110947P2