1.5-hour San Francisco Bay Sailing Tour
For a relaxing afternoon on the water, hop aboard the Privateer, a truly traditional sailboat, for a semi-private 90-minute cruise of the bay, complete with beer and wine. This double-masted, teak-decked, bronze-fitted beauty holds no more than 28 passengers, so you'll get plenty of personal attention from the skilled and friendly crew as the Privateer glides over to Alcatraz and Angel Island, passes by charming and picturesque Sausalito, parallels the magnificent Golden Gate Bridge and sails past the famous San Francisco skyline on its way back to Pier 39.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free drinks included
- Family friendly
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
You will meet your captain and first mate at Pier 39 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time. They will check you in and then make you comfortable on the Privateer, our lovely double-masted 28-person sailboat. You will motor out of the dock, but once out on the Bay, your crew will raise the sails!
You will sail past Alcatraz and Angel Island, get a great view of the Bay Bridge, take in the beautiful green landscape of Marin and the picturesque city of Sausalito, sail parallel to the Golden Gate for some great photo opportunities, and then return to views of the San Francisco waterfront before docking again at Pier 39.
While you are out on the water, your first mate will serve you two free beverages - your choice of beer, wine, soft drinks, or water! Our friendly captains and first mates will be happy to answer any questions you might have during your tour, or you can feel free to just sit back, relax, and enjoy our incredible Bay.
This tour is a great way to relax and see the Bay from a different perspective!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Pier 39, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you plan on drinking alcohol, please remember to bring your valid government-issued 21+ ID.
- We reserve the right to make the final decision as to whether your tour will be cancelled. Tours will only be cancelled in the event of hard rain or unsafe conditions at the time of the tour.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather. It does tend to be colder out on the water, so we highly recommend layers and close-toed shoes.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Average 4.60 out of 5 stars based on 5 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Third time with this sailing company in five years with different friends visiting the SF. Same captain but different fist mate. Each time I felt safe and had a wonderful time taking in the views. Well worth the money and time.
Our guides were knowledgeable and fun. The views were amazing and the tour was a great amount of time. The tour boat wasn’t very full so we got to move around a lot, and this definitely was a great use of money!
I enjoyed the boat ride in the Bay.
I would suggest that they make sure everyone wears a life preserver vest and not just show that they are on board! Seating did not help anchor you in place as sailboat tipped one way or other. Offering a drink is counter intuitive when you need both hands to hang on boat railings.
I have never been on a sailboat before and loved the excursion and the views, but considering how choppy the Bay area is even on a calm day, I think you need to make sure passengers are safe and secure in their ride.
It was just a boat ride on a sailboat, I thought they would have done touristy type comments as we passed buildings, etc..
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-10219P2
Similar Tours & Activities