1.5 Hour LoDo (Lower Downtown) Walking Tour
What's LoDo? I’m happy you asked! Lower Downtown or as we call it - LoDo is Denver’s oldest neighborhood which is home to some of the best restaurants and attractions in Denver. On this 1 hour walking tour your savvy local guide will share fascinating history and point out local hot spots (where to eat and drink). We walk about 1.5 miles where we bring to life the past, present, and future of our beloved city. This tour is perfect for those who have limited time and a busy schedule. At the end of the tour you will feel more like a local and less like a tourist!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Denver Union Station, 1701 Wynkoop St, Denver, CO 80202-1047
Our tour kicks off at the Union Station flagpole. We begin the tour by discussing the iconic Union Station and its significance to the survival of Denver as a city. Over the next hour we walk a 1.5 mile loop around LoDo where we share stories of Hop Alley (Denver’s first Chinatown), visit Mattie Silks House of Mirrors (the most famous bordello of its time), visit the oldest operating hotel in Denver, and learn about the underground tunnel system that runs beneath the city.
The Dairy Block
16th St Mall
(Optional and Free of Charge) - Dispensary/grow operation! Hey you're in Denver after all!
We end the tour back at Union Station aka the living room of Denver. Your local guide is here to help you make the most out of your time in Denver so don’t hesitate to ask any questions.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Denver Union Station, Denver, CO 80202, USA
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Savvy local guide
- Small-group walking tour
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Families welcome
- Dress code is casual
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (1.5 miles)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wear comfortable shoes
- We encourage you to bring water and sunscreen
- Arrive on time
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Double check what time your tour is booked for. 11am or 5pm
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
This was one of the best walking tours ever. I learned a lot and the pace was perfect. We made enough stops and the jokes were great. Excellent job!
We learned so much about Denver -- current events and history -- from this hour and a half tour. Rachel is extremely knowledgeable, as well as entertaining. For example, we were excited to see the headquarters of the gangster and con artist Soapy Smith, who we learned about on a tour we took in Alaska. We plan to come back and see all the things we learned about on the tour that we didn't have time to see on this trip!
Rachel was great. She made it fun and is very knowledgeable. We got a great overview of Denver and even went back to a few of the places she showed us.
I had a couple of hours to kill in the city and décided To do this tour. Im so glad that I did ! Rachel Wars an enthusiastic and knowledgable guide and I thoroughly enjoyed all of the stories and history that she shared. She also recommended a couple of placés to return to and explore further. If I would have had more time I definitely would have done so. Thanks Rachel!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-64404P3