1/2 Day Rock Climbing
As Moab’s oldest climbing and canyoneering guide service, we’ve earned the reputation of being the area’s Vertical Specialists by safely guiding our clients through some of the most rugged and interesting desert terrain imaginable.
With our unrivaled collection of unique and challenging adventures our professional guides are committed to providing a deeply rewarding & enriching desert experience for our guests, each and every day!
We pride ourselves in being specialists in our area of expertise (rock climbing and canyoneering) we don’t offer any other types of trips! Our rock climbing and canyoneering pursuits are year round, working with international travel and adventure companies, film and photo productions.
We are committed to the life-long pursuit of the adventurous experience that rock climbing and canyoneering has to offer and the power it has to connect us to nature.
Moab offers a diversity of climbing routes within easy reach of town. If you’ve never climbed before, or have limited experience, this 1/2 Day Moab Cragging Trip is a fun introduction to desert rock climbing. You will learn the essentials and have ample time to ascend the walls and get a feel for the local rock.
We adapt the curriculum to your needs and experience level; a variety of high-quality climbs and a relaxed atmosphere will allow you to progress at your own pace – all of this in a beautiful setting.
Duration: 4 – 5 hours
Drive from Moab: 15 – 20 minutes
Season: all year, weather permitting
Max. guide to client ratio: 1:6
Technical: top roped climbing, 60-100 ft routes
What you can expect to learn
Climbing equipment use and care
Crack and face climbing techniques
Knots and rope management
Basic belay techniques
Descending and lowering
Safe climbing practices
Skill & Fitness Level
With multiple climbs concentrated together we can accommodate beginning and intermediate skill levels together.
No previous climbing experience necessary
Minimum age: 5 years
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 253 N Main St, Moab, UT 84532, USA
- Duration: 4 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- All of the technical gear needed for climbing is included.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-190283P4
Similar Tours & Activities